That Ashley Girl

Friday, June 03, 2005

The High Life

My life is so completely and wonderfully uneventful right now. I've been done with school for a couple weeks, and unlike last year I decided not to get a crappy job this summer. Instead, I literally have nothing to do each day.

Nothing.

I wake up without an alarm clock (which is a very underrated experience), snack on Cheerios or a bagel, and go running. I've been doing two miles per day, although I'm thinking about upping it to three.

After that, I head to the gym and hop on the elliptical machine for a good 30 minutes. When I'm done there, I do crunches until my stomach feels like it's going to explode, and then hop into the pool for a few laps to cool down.

By noon I am completely exhausted and have burned approximately three billion calories, so I take a nice, long shower and then treat myself to a nice, big lunch.

But wait, the excitement doesn't end there. I then head home and spend the next several hours sitting on the porch, sipping lemonade in the sun while answering e-mails and IMing with the gazillion people on my buddy list.

When the sun goes down I head back inside. If I'm going out to dinner or to a bar/club with my friends, I do all the necessary prep work. If not, I watch a little TV, have dinner with my parents and brother, or maybe even write up one of these silly blog entries.

It really is one hell of a life. If not for the fact that it involves having no real income -- and thus also involves living with my parents -- it would be pretty close to the perfect life.

Speaking of parents, my mom told me the other day that she thinks I'm "obsessed" with working out. I blame it on the fact that she came with me last week when the gym had one of those "bring a non-member for free today" promotions.

She didn't stray far from the treadmill, which has to be the most worthless piece of equipment in the gym. Why would anyone buy a gym membership so they could use a machine that simulates walking and running?

Why not just walk or run for free? And if you're going to spend money on a gym membership so you can walk or run, why not use the track there and actually do it? I just don't get it.

Anyway, I might very well be obsessed with working out, but there are probably worse things to be obsessed with. I mean, if you're eating healthy, what's the worst thing that could happen to you from working out too often?

I feel wonderful, I am in the best shape of my entire life, and -- if I can be completely honest here -- I look absolutely spectacular (as my mom found out during a very awkward moment in the locker room after our workout).



Pictured Above: Miss Universe, Natalie Glebova, who appears to be similarly obsessed with working out.

72 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home