That Ashley Girl

Friday, July 09, 2004

My Crush

I was reading my new friend Tayden's The Truth Blog yesterday and I thought his entry on going to a John Mayer concert was a great one.

Here's some of the entry ...

Now of you think you know JM from his songs on the radio or his CD's you're dead wrong. The guy is one of the greatest guitar players of this new generation. On top of that, how many pop stars do u see singing Marvin Gay in the middle of his set, and then busting into a call and response with the sax player who was only there to play backup. Fucking unreal.

Red Rocks is like a musical pleasure device. When an artist gets on stage and plays their first note it just rubs them the right way. And they have a musical climax. And the fans feel it. And then they have one too. And it's better than any sex I've ever had because we both come together. And it lasts forever. Last night it went for an hour and 20 minutes plus a 20 minute encore.

I'm telling you, the man can play the guitar. And, shit, if that's not enough, some of his lyrics are unreal. Which is the kicker for me because, of the two types of music lovers, I am definitely more lyrically inclined. And he's a musician's musician. Trust me on this one. He could have been one of the best blues guitarists of all time. Instead he chose to be a rockstar. Can u blame him?

I think people are way too hard on John Mayer.

I know a lot of boys -- maybe even most boys -- think his music is too poppy, too pansy, too pussy or too whatever other P-word you wanna use. But, as Tayden said, that's just the stuff you hear on the radio.

I've seen John Mayer in concert twice and the show he puts on is so incredible and so different than the stuff people think of him for doing that it's amazing. To me, he's some kind of a mix of James Taylor, Dave Matthews, Stevie Ray Vaughan and that guy in the 10th grade who you just really wanted to make out with so bad.

He's passionate, he's soulful, he's talented, he's not afraid to take a chance with his music, and his lyrics are clever and inspiring. Plus, he's nice to look at, too.


I saw him once in a very small venue, before he was famous, and once in a big venue, after he made it big. He played exactly the same both times, which is to say he was giving everything he had to put on a great show, to give the audience great music and to have a good time on stage.

I know it's cliche for a girl to want to sleep with a rockstar, but that doesn't keep me from wanting to do it. After I saw him the first time, I would have seriously considered sleeping with a tour bus full of roadies just to meet John Mayer. After the second time I saw him, I was in love.

First of all, he sings like an angel. Such a great voice, so smooth and soulful, with rhythm and pain and passion. He's also cute as hell, with just the right mix of cockiness, dorkiness, sweetness and sexiness. The deep eyes, the bushy hair, the dimpled chin. And he makes the weirdest faces while he sings, like his face is straining to get the emotions out.


I defy you to see him in concert and listen to him sing "Victoria" or "Love Song for No One" or "Sucker" or "Why Georgia" or "My Stupid Mouth" or "Daughters" or whatever cover he's doing that night and not come away from it a fan.

Here's my favorite John Mayer lyric ...

Something 'bout the way your hair falls in your face
I love the shape you take when crawling towards the pillowcase
You tell me where to go and
Though I might leave to find it
I'll never let your head hit the bed
Without my hand behind it

I swear, if a boy ever said/wrote that to me ... well, I'd do some things that would make my mother faint.

17 Comments:

  • At 3:09 AM, Blogger Tayden said…

    k, was it bad that I said come instead of cum. Just FYI, I am a dude, I do not want to sleep with John Mayer and for the record I have heard that he is a real prick. In fact, I ampositive he is a cocky asshole and if I ever met him I woudl want to punch him in the face. But he is a genius. For his music, yes but more so for knowing exactly what to sing and to say to make you want to be his best friend. Also, I think he looks like a pedafile(sp?). Also, not a huge fan of the breathy/airly voice. Still a fan of the sound though.
    This is how I really feel. As always, you're a pal for hooking a brother up. And twice in a row. jeez. Now you need to go listen to Jamie Cullum.

     
  • At 7:50 AM, Blogger 7472 said…

    Alot of interesting comments on this blog, I was searching for some doctor related info and some how cam across this site. I found it pretty cool, so I bookmarked. I'll really liked the second post on the front page, that got my attention.

    My site is in a bit different area, but just as useful. I have a mens male enhancement reviews related site focusing on mens male enhancement reviews and mens health related topics.

     
  • At 9:19 PM, Blogger blogger1272 said…

    What a great site you have here, I bookmarked it!

    I have a penis enlargement reviews related info site. It covers penis enlargement reviews related information.

    Check it out when you can. ;)

     
  • At 10:13 AM, Blogger usersanonimos said…

    YOUR BLOG IS GOOD, IT IS REALLY NICE. HERE YOU CAN LEARM MORE ABOUT big dicks TO FIND big dicks

     
  • At 8:43 AM, Blogger musica said…

    YOUR BLOG IS GOOD, IT IS REALLY NICE. HERE YOU CAN LEARM MORE ABOUT penis enlargement TO FIND penis enlargement

     
  • At 12:35 AM, Blogger usersanonimos said…

    YOUR BLOG IS GOOD, IT IS REALLY NICE. HERE YOU CAN LEARM MORE ABOUT penis enlargement TO FIND penis enlargement

     
  • At 10:14 PM, Blogger musica said…

    YOUR BLOG IS GOOD, IT IS REALLY NICE. HERE YOU CAN LEARM MORE ABOUT penis enlargement pills TO FIND penis enlargement pills

     
  • At 7:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice post. frost bank

     
  • At 10:43 AM, Blogger musica said…

    YOUR BLOG IS GOOD, IT IS REALLY NICE. HERE YOU CAN LEARM MORE ABOUT penis enlargement pills TO FIND penis enlargement pills

     
  • At 1:55 PM, Blogger musica said…

    YOUR BLOG IS GOOD, IT IS REALLY NICE. HERE YOU CAN LEARM MORE ABOUT big dicks TO FIND big dicks

     
  • At 7:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice blog with interesting topics. I have a website that offers alot of controversial topics here. Just go to the links page and look for "Video Reviews"

     
  • At 1:56 PM, Blogger Music Downloads Center said…

    I just came across your blog and wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here.
    I also have a web site & blog about music so I know what I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch! Keep up the great work!

     
  • At 4:13 AM, Blogger Hoodia said…

    Help me Dude, I think I'm lost..... I was searching for Elvis and somehow ended up in your blog, but you know I'm sure I saw him in a car lot yesterday, which is really strange because the last time I saw him was in the supermarket. No honest really, he was right there in front of me, next to the steaks singing "Love me Tender". He said to me (his lip was only slightly curled) "Boy, you need to get yourself a San Diego cosmetic surgery doctor ,to fit into those blue suede shoes of yours. But Elvis said in the Ghetto nobody can afford a San Diego plastic surgery doctor. Dude I'm All Shook Up said Elvis. I think I'll have me another cheeseburger. Then I'm gonna go round and see Michael Jackson and we're gonna watch a waaaay cool make-over show featuring some Tijuana dentists on the TV in the back of my Hummer. And then he just walked out of the supermarket singing. . . "You give me love and consolation,
    You give me strength to carry on " Strange day or what? :-)

     
  • At 7:00 AM, Anonymous travel nurse job said…

    Hi, Ashley.I was just searching blogs,and I found your site! I like it!
    If you have a moment, please visit my site:
    job find
    It covers job find related stuff.
    All the best!

     
  • At 8:53 PM, Blogger James Baker said…

    Hi Fellow!I was just searching blogs,and I found your site! I like it!
    If you have a moment, please visit my site:
    How to give a blow job
    It covers How to give a blow job related contents.
    All the best!

     
  • At 9:17 PM, Blogger Paul Adams said…

    Hey Blogger, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!
    I have aproperty casualty job site. It pretty much covers property casualty job related subjects.
    Come and check it out if you get time :-)
    Best regards!

     
  • At 7:35 AM, Anonymous Jelqing said…

    Hey, you sure got a nice blog here with some very interesting stuff. I've already put a bookmark on it.

    It's a pity I spend so much time blog-surfing that I often forget my own. Silly me. :) But its so addictive.

    Anyway, a lot of people are trying to make cash online nowadays, so I thought I'd help you out with a site that has some great tools.

    erection horse
    Not bad to sit around doing nothing while your bank balance keeps growing. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home